Want to prepare restaurant-style Chicken Karhai in the house? Then you are at the right place I have some of the yummiest karahi recipes for you. Restaurant-style karahi or Shinwari karahi all are the favorite of our Asian families. So let’s learn different karahi recipes with minute differences to cook the best for your family on weekends.
Karhai is one of the most popular dishes among Pakistani and Indian cuisines. We can say after biryani, Karhai is the most liked dish of the Asians. Chicken Karhai is a rich curry tomatoey base, and a fragrant finishing of green chili peppers, cilantro, and slivers of ginger. So, let’s dive into the yummiest karahi recipe for you and your family.
Chicken Karhai Recipe 2021
- 1000gm Karhai Cut Chicken
- 250ml Oil
- 250 ml Yogurt
- 5 medium-size chopped Tomatoes
- 2 medium size sliced onions
- 5 green chilies
- 1 tbsp. ginger garlic paste
- 1 tbsp. Salt
- 1 tsp Kashmiri Lal Mirch
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp cilantro powder
- 1 sliced lemon
- Half small size sliced ginger
- First of all, what you have to do is wash the fresh chicken and set it aside.
- Turn on the medium flame and place a wok on it.
- Now pour oil into the wok and let it heat.
- Add sliced onions in the oil and wait until it slightly changes its color.
- Once the onion starts turning brown add chicken and ginger garlic paste.
- Now stir fry the chicken until it changes its color.
- Add salt, Kashmiri Mirch, chopped tomatoes, yogurt, and 2 green chilies.
- Now cover it with a lid and left it on low flame for 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes remove the lid and check if the chicken is cooked.
- Once the chicken is cooked now turn the flame high it will evaporate all of the water.
- In the last add black pepper and cilantro powder.
- Mix it well and leave it for five minutes the oil will get separated.
- Garnished it with lemon, ginger, and chilies.
- Serve it with Roti, and Mint raita. Enjoy!
- For Shinwari karahi what you have to do is place wok on flame.
- Add oil, chicken cuts, salt, and ginger-garlic paste to the wok.
- Mix until the chicken changes its color.
- Now cut the tomatoes in half and place them above the chicken in the wok and cover it with the lid for 10 minutes.
- Next, you have to do is now remove the peel of the tomatoes by using a tong.
- Once the peel is removed add yogurt, Kashmiri lal mirch, some chopped chilies mix it well and leave it for 10 more minutes.
- On the other side take a pan and brown the sliced onions.
- Now add coriander powder, black pepper, and brown onion.
- Mix it well and leave it for 5 minutes.
- Garnish it with sliced chilies, ginger, lemons, and serve hot.
Frequently Asked Questions:
What should I serve with karahi?
You can serve your hot chicken karahi with both roti and rice. You can also add raita and salads complimentarily. But most people love to have roti or fresh naan with the karahi.
Is tomato paste or chopped tomatoes preferred?
Many expert chefs prefer to use fresh chopped tomatoes instead of using a canned tomato puree or paste. Fresh chopped will give more fresh texture and flavor to your karahi.
So, after trying this recipe your family is not going out for karahi they are always going to ask you to make the one for them. The most simple and easy to cook, a recipe you can make and enjoy with your families on weekends or in dawats to impress your in-laws.
If you like our article, want to learn about more traditional recipes. Let us know about your reviews in the comment. It will be highly acknowledged.
Myself Hadia Mustafa, Currently I am studying Food Science and Technology. I love interacting with new people. I love cooking and it is my hobby and passion to write about different kitchen products.